Located beyond the ornate black and white cast iron fence of Mt. Moriah Cemetery is the Mt. Moriah Cemetery chapel, which was originally built in the 1970s. The red brick chapel is surrounded by tall evergreen trees and beautiful red “knockout roses”. Annual flowers of pink petunias, red geraniums and yellow marigolds grace the front landscape areas. The flagpole continually waves the American and Ohio State flags. Adjacent to the flagpole is a veterans’ memorial which reads, “1941-1945 In Memory of these men who gave their lives for freedom in World War II, Alvin Earl Beard, James C. Butts, William A. Rolke, Loren Hoderlein, Merle Pattison, Albert Wienner.” The interior of the chapel recently has been renovated to create a serene and reflective environment. The walls are painted pale blue and bordered at the top with white trim. New blue carpet has been installed to complement the pale blue walls. A special addition to the chapel has been the installation of eight pews. The dark wood of the pews is enhanced with new dark blue upholstery. The sanctuary contains a podium for services. Tall silk trees in silver containers and framed photographs of the cemetery complete the meditative environment. Families are welcome to use the chapel at any time during the year for funeral services. It is non-denominational and free of charge. The chapel is especially convenient when there is undesirable weather, and families would like to gather inside. It accommodates approximately 35 people. The chapel is a wonderful addition to Mt. Moriah Cemetery.
Located in Mt. Moriah Cemetery are three beautiful gazebos for families to enjoy. Surrounded by red, “knockout” roses, the gazebos are perfect places where people can relax and meditate. There is a smaller, white gazebo located on the west side of the cemetery. A larger, more spacious gazebo is located on the east side of the cemetery by the pond. A third large, white gazebo is located on the north side of the cemetery in the newer section. Families are welcome to use the gazebos for funeral services at no charge. For further information contact the cemetery office at 752-1773.
CREMATION SCATTERING GARDEN
The Mt. Moriah Cemetery Cremation Scattering Garden offers families another alternative for memorializing cremation. The Cremation Scattering Garden is located on the east side of the cemetery, adjacent to the pond. The garden can be reached by following the winding walkway through the graceful gazebo. The walkway continues around the perimeter of the garden. The Cremation Scattering Garden is enhanced with beautiful, red rose bushes interlaced with green perennials. Over 850 spring daffodils and tulips are planted throughout the garden.
The Open Book, a gray granite memorial, is etched at the top "In Loving Memory Of." Individual bronze name bars with birth and death years are placed on the memorial. The Mt. Moriah Cemetery Cremation Scattering Garden will be carefully maintained to ensure the beauty and serenity for future generations.
The price of $500.00 includes the scattering with name and date plaque. For further information concerning the Mt. Moriah Cemetery Cremation Scattering Garden, please call the cemetery office at (513) 752-1773.
The Mt. Moriah Cemetery Niche Columbarium offers families another alternative for memorializing cremation. The Niche Columbarium is located on the east side of the cemetery, adjacent to the Cremation Scattering Garden. The Niche Columbarium can be reached by following the winding walkway through the gazebo.
The Niche Columbarium is constructed of grey granite with black granite doors. The niche will hold one urn. The black granite door will be engraved with the name, dates and endearment of the person inurned. A niche may be purchased at the time of need or pre-need. The Mt. Moriah Cemetery Niche Columbarium will be carefully maintained to ensure the beauty and serenity for future generations.
The price of $1,000.00 includes the inurnment with engraving. For further information concerning the Mt. Moriah Cemetery Niche Columbarium, please call the cemetery office at (513) 752-1773.